ASSISTANT SITE SUPERVISOR: POSITION OVERVIEW
We currently have an opportunity for an Assistant Site Supervisor. Our team is looking for a leader who personifies our values of Passion, Integrity, and Legacy. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, goal oriented, and have experience in a construction role. This is a 6-month, full-time contract position.
The successful Assistant Site Supervisor applicant will be responsible for:
- Performing ongoing hazard assessments and continually maintaining a clean work site for trades, suppliers, homeowners and the community
- Preparing homes for walk-through inspections, and conducting walk-throughs with Customers
- Repairing houses as directed by the Site Supervisor (Bowed studs, squeaky floors/stairs, drywall cut for diagnosing issues etc.) Hands on, physical work is an important part of the role.
- Making phone calls, sending emails and text messages to follow up with trades regarding timing for them to complete work on site.
- Completing general tasks assigned by the Site Supervisor with minimal supervision including: moving and picking up materials, updating schedules, site meetings as required etc.
- Resolving conflict on site, problem solving and making decisions quickly and effectively
- Technical diploma considered an asset, but not required. Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in a project management role
- Construction experience in the residential construction industry in Calgary & area
- Familiarity with local by-laws, buildings codes and construction practices
- Computer skills, including Outlook, Excel, Word. Online scheduling platforms
- A strong ability to multi-task, and must have a sense of urgency
- Attention to detail, not only on the construction site but including an ability to review documents and spreadsheets for accuracy and completeness
The position comes with the use of a company vehicle and phone, and a competitive salary package. If you want the ability to contribute to an award-winning team, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.